Starlink Adds Option For High Performance Dish

Do you want the high performance dish from Starlink Business, without the monthly Business price? You’re in luck! Starlink is now offering Residential customers a choice in hardware: Standard or High Performance.

Customers are presented with the option to select their preferred hardware when starting a new Residential order. This new hardware option doesn’t apply to RV orders.

How much does it cost?

The High Performance hardware option costs $2,500, compared to $599 for Standard.

What’s the difference between Standard and High Performance?

According to Starlink, the High Performance dish is best for power users who need the highest level of reliability, performance, and features. Here are a few of the major differences:

• Better snow melt capability
  • Better rain performance
  • Better performance in hot weather (>35 C, 95 F)
  • IP56 rated, more water resistant
  • More satellite visibility. High Performance has 35% more field of view

The router, cables, and mounts are also different. The High Performance dish is larger, and isn’t compatible with other Starlink mounts. The router included in the High Performance hardware kit includes an ethernet port. Existing Starlink Mesh Nodes are compatible with the High Performance hardware.

Is High Performance faster than Standard?

Right now, no, the Residential speeds for both High Performance and Standard will be similar. You have to upgrade your service tier to Business to experience faster speeds. The High Performance dish is just a more capable antenna, with better weather resistance and the ability to see more of the sky.

Can I upgrade my existing dish?

Yes, existing Residential customers can upgrade to the High Performance dish. To upgrade, create a support ticket with Starlink.

See also: How To Contact Starlink Customer Support

Who does High Performance make sense for?

For $2,500, the High Performance dish isn’t a good value for most people. I can see a benefit if you live in polar regions, close to the equator, or have obstructions that you can’t eliminate.

The main benefit of the High Performance dish is the increased power and visibility. So essentially, you’ll be able to see more satellites, and your signal will be more reliable. If your situation demands either of these things, High Performance might be a good fit.

Want the latest Starlink news and info, right in your inbox? Join our newsletter!

Notify of
guest

24 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Randy
Randy
5 days ago

I have Starlink RV at my house in Central Missouri as we were unable to get home service. We use a 3rd party “streaming box” for our television. We have a real difficult time streaming sports events without lots of buffering, yet we do not have a problem otherwise. Is there an accessory, different dish or some fix that would eliminate all of the buffering?

Brad Lamont
Brad Lamont
22 days ago

I’m out in semi-rural southern Oregon, 20 acre parcels, very mountainous. I do have CenturyLink cable but ranges from 2 -8 mbps depending on users. I downloaded and used your siting app from my rooftop and it determined to be acceptable location. Is your high performance package the way to go? And can I expect 50+ mbps reliably?

Chris Cann
Chris Cann
1 month ago

Does Starlink really only do 50-200 MPS? I was looking to switch, but that’s not any faster than my current cable setup. And with no $600 startup fee.

Hardwired Ben
Hardwired Ben
1 month ago

Far as Im concerned I have the first gen version 2 round dish(grey base) and i think they just reshaped the first gen dishes which does everything the new high power dish does except maybe working better in extreme heat, the first gen had higher power, larger field of view, harder coating, built in ethernet port and cost around $2500 to build so it makes ya wonder now if this wasnt why they discontinued the gen 1 to only reshape it later on and sell it as the extreme high power dish for its actual cost of production? Far as efficiency a quick scroll back through the reddit starlink threads will show you how much issues the newer rectangle base model dish has had since it came out and how little the round first gen dishes had since the beginning.

Last edited 1 month ago by Hardwired Ben
Wally Warick
1 month ago

when will this be available in the Philippines.. It says 4th quarter and this is 4th quarter.

Marlfox
Marlfox
1 month ago

Wider field of view so make sure you will not introduce any new obstructions with this new dish. Or else you’ll have a worse connection even though you bought a bigger and fancier dish.

Andrew
1 month ago

I live in Rhode Island on the ocean with frequent salt spray. Does the High Performance package have different/improved salt resistance compared to the Standard hardware option? I have unobstructed southern exposure and need advice which system to buy. Thanks!

Robert Sterler
Robert Sterler
1 month ago

So I am a Starlink Residential customers now and pay $110 per month. So how much is a upgrade in hardware from the Standard to High Performance dish? And if I buy the new High Performance dish, am I required to send the Standard dish back to Starlink? Thank you.

Paul
Paul
1 month ago

I live in the Tropics in north Queensland Australia, our cable TV is via sateliate and during our rain events we loose TV, would it be the same issue with starlink, we would be paying for the Business plan to get the better dish & speed

Last edited 1 month ago by Paul
fazrad
fazrad
1 month ago

Hi
I want hardware for starlink in iran

Shiroe
Shiroe
2 months ago

Ordered the residential High Performance dish option, you have to reach out to support, order the dish, and then once it arrives they will switch the service over to the new dish.

Kacey Green
2 months ago
Reply to  Noah Clarke

Existing service for me

Jessica
Jessica
2 months ago

Aside from the general congestion of Starlink in our area, I don’t feel a big jump in service speed from our previous DSL, the only other downside we’ve noticed is the instability with service and service black-out during our daily thunderstorms. We live in FL, so terrain isn’t the issue as it’s flat virtually everywhere in the southern portion where we are, but the rain is a daily event. Will this help us feel the full effects of what Starlink bragged to be for us?! We run a business, so the cost is not as impossible to manage.